Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!!!  To say it's been a hectic time around here this past week would be an understatement, and it's not even over yet.  But between my son's preschool schedule, errands, family stuff, doctor's appointment, etc., I was able to get in making some treat bags for my son's Junior Wings preschool class today.  We also wrote out Valentine's Day cards together earlier yesterday, but for some reason his didn't get passed out in class today.  I was definitely a bit disappointed in that :-(  However, the treat bags certainly were, and I'm sure that's what the kids really enjoyed the most anyway - LOL!!!



For those that know me, y'all know I LOVE to bake, decorate, and make many chocolate-coated treats and barks for family, friends, and friends-/co-workers-of-friends.  This holiday was no exception!!!  Granted, I do eat Paleo (usually on an 80/20 basis), and serve my son Paleo when he's with me, but I also allow for a few "exceptions" and certainly don't "force feed" my eating habits/choices on others.  Hence, since so many others like sweet treats on special occasions, I do oblige.  With that, I made white chocolate Rice Krispie bark, topped with pink and red sanding sugars, red hearts (think like Sweet Tarts flavored), and those tiny conversation hearts that we all grew up on.  Me, personally, I'm not a big fan of them and never was, but they seem almost "traditional" to me, if you know what I mean, so I included them on the bark.  For the most part I was happy with how the bark came out, but a good amount of the candies fell off when I started breaking up the bark into pieces.  No problem....I just tossed the candies that fell off right into the treat bags with the broken up bark!!  I certainly hope the kids enjoyed it. :-) 



I hope each and every one of you reading this post had an enjoyable Valentine's Day with the one(s) you love.  I had the best Valentine ever this year...my wonderful son, EJ.  You make every day worth living. :-)  Mommy loves you!!! xoxoxo

Wishing you peace, love, and happiness...


Kristyn

No comments:

Post a Comment