Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Motivational Mondays!!!


OK, technically, by the time this post is up and online, it may be just a wee bit after midnight, making it Tuesday...But, hey, I'm on the East Coast so there are people who could definitely be reading this on Monday. :-D  So that's my story and I'm sticking to it - LOL!!!

I found this quote right as I was getting ready to sign off Facebook tonight...

"Unnecessary possessions are unnecessary burdens. If you have them, you have to take care of them! There is great freedom in simplicity of living. It is those who have enough but not too much who are the happiest." - Peace Pilgrim

I've slowly come to understand this quote this past year while I was "Rediscovering Kristyn" (get it..the title of my blog - LOL!!).  I was buying tons of "stuff" to make me happy while being in a very cold, unhappy, unfulfilling, and unloving marriage for at least the last 5 or so years of it.  There was probably so much more I could have done to fulfill those emotional needs during all those empty years:  taken cake decorating classes, photography classes, blogged more, done more fun things with my son, the list is endless.  But those, unfortunately, didn't happen.  Instead, I just chased after what I thought was happiness...material possessions.  I can admit it now, though...oh, how wrong I was on that front.  It makes me CRINGE to think of all the money I pissed away.  I can't even allow myself to go there in my mind.  It literally makes me want to cry. :*(

But, with mine and my son's impending move in the coming six months, I cannot BEGIN to express how EXCITED I am to be getting a dumpster this Spring and starting the "Big Purge Project."  I'm just itching to start tossing and having a garage sale weekend once the warmer weather sets in.  It's not even about how much money I can/will make.  It's about letting go of the past and what all those "things" represent.  I am so looking forward to it and starting mine and EJ's life anew with less physical clutter and a clearer heart, mind, and soul.

And for those of you who are my friends "IRL" and are local to me, I'll have lots of items you may be interested in.  As the saying goes, "one man's junk is another man's treasure."  Just ask my ex's current girlfriend about that one!!!!!!!!!!!!



The ocean...Maine, in particular....My ultimate relaxation place!!


Wishing you peace, love, and happiness,

Kristyn

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! I appreciate the compliment :-)

      Delete
  2. Great post indeed! I need to start purging and getting control of my life again.... I know exactly what you mean about acquiring material possessions when you're not happy! That's what I've done in the past and now I've got all this "stuff" that needs to go, but can be so overwhelming in knowing where to begin! Just have to buckle down and do it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Shannon :-) All it takes is one small step to start tossing stuff out...and maybe a dumpster - LOL!!! So wish I had one right now, but with the snow/ice in the Winter, it's best to wait so I can get it done quickly and easily and only need the dumpster for a week instead of a month or two :D But you can do it...At least you have the will/desire to purge all your excess "stuff." That's the first and HARDEST step to take!! Good luck, my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the process of a large purge myself, as my mother and nephew might be moving in with me, along with her dog. So I need to purge to get ready for her. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, and good luck to you, too, on your purge, Caroline, along with the moving in of family members. May it all work out for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete