Saturday, August 9, 2014

My 3 Grateful and Positive Thoughts of the Day: 08-09-14


A lot in my life has happened since my last blog post in January.  I have to admit, it’s been a rough year so far.  I’m inherently one of those optimistic, “every cloud has a silver lining” individuals; but the past 8+ months have really tested me in all aspects of my life:  emotionally, physically, and spiritually.  There are many times I’ve thought about this blog, getting out in writing what’s been going on, but it didn’t happen for whatever reason or excuse.  Maybe I just didn’t want to re-live the bad/sad/disappointing stuff all over again.  As Elsa would sing “the past is in the past.”  However, as much as I try to bury it all and/or deal with it and move forward, it can get hard at times.  But despite it all, I still smile and look for the positive and beauty all around me.  It’s just who I am.

What’s prompted me to blog today is that I’m in a bit of a funk at this exact moment, despite the insanely gorgeous and perfect summer day we’re having here in my part of NY.  I realized I really needed to get my head out of this mindset and thought of a great way to do it.  Over the past month or two I’ve seen many friends partake in a “challenge” of sorts going around Facebook where they’ll list 3 or 5 positive things they are either grateful for or are positives in their lives on that particular day.  So I figured that’d be a great way to break the blahs.  Also, it really is something I should do every day.  You need to have positive thoughts and be grateful every single day you wake up.  Those happy, thankful thoughts will then continue to multiply over and over again, day after day.

So, without further ado, here are My 3 Grateful and Positive Thoughts of the Day.

1.     No surprise on this one. I am grateful for my son!!  He is my ray of loving, huggable, kissable sunshine every single day.  There are no words I could write that would ever do him and his love justice.  The mother/son bond we share is undeniable.



2.     Although she is no longer with us (one of the incredibly heartbreaking events back in January/February this year), I am so very grateful for the nearly 44 years I had with my grandmother.  Again, no words I could say would ever do her unconditional love and support for me justice.  I miss her so incredibly much.  Love you grandma.  You are forever in my heart and spirit.

A really old and rather "risky" photo back in the day of my grandma (L) and great grandma (R)!!!  

3.     I am grateful for the new medication (Tecfidera) I’m on for Multiple Sclerosis (MS).  My "official" 13-year MS diagnosis anniversary was this past July.  Although the Tecfidera does not cure the illness, it’s what they call a "disease modifying drug."  For me, it has had a significant and noticeable improvement in at least one area of my illness.  This is the first time in at least 5 years, if not longer, that I haven’t needed a cane for stability assistance while walking in the heat and humidity of the summer months.  Haven’t needed a cane in the slightest and that makes me feel amazingly grateful and positive!!

Meet Pepe', my original cane and now one of many fashionable canes in my collection!!  LOL


So there you have it, my positivity and optimism of the day!!!


Wishing you peace, love, happiness, and a lifetime of blessings!!


Kristyn


PS – For my previous blog readers, notice the change in my sign off?!?!!  Yeah, that’s another positive thing that’s happened to me in the past month or so, but I’ll save that for another day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment