Sunday, August 24, 2014

My 3 HAPPY, Grateful, and Positive Thoughts of the Day: 08-24-14...sort of!! LOL


Hello Blog readers!!  Yes, it has been at least a week since I last blogged, but that doesn’t mean I’ve stopped counting my blessings, being happy, staying positive, or being grateful for the people and events in my life.  My son starts full-time Kindergarten in another week, so the past week has been spent with back-to-school shopping, needed appointments, and soaking up what's left of the summer time I have with him.  I can’t imagine him being gone all day in school.  I’ll sure miss all those spontaneous hugs, kisses, and I Love Yous throughout the day.  But this is one of those rights of passage that must be experienced by both of us.  I'm good with it all.

Needless to say, there has been much that’s made me happy and grateful this past week.  I’ll just list some of them off.

            Through a comment on Facebook, an old friend brought back some great memories about a super yummy restaurant we used to visit back in our 20s.  Nothing like being a regular and being greated with your favorite drinks as soon as you get in!!

            Loved school supply shopping with my son.  It was some give-and-take on a few decisions, but overall it was a success!!

            Loved how my son gets more and more excited with each day as it gets closer to the start of Kindergarten.

            Finally got our day-at-the-Jersey shore trip set for me, my son, and my parents for this week.  It’s really special for me as I used to live down the Jersey shore in my early 20s.  I haven’t been back down there since I moved back north.  In that time, Sandy hit as did a bad fire on the Seaside Heights/Park boardwalk.  I think seeing all the changes due to these two major events will be a bit emotional for me.  But like with everything else, life goes on and change is good!!  I get to share with my son a place that will always be special to me and some place that has always felt like “home” to me, even when I didn’t live there.

            OK, I’ll finish this with one more and then off to bed for me as it will be an EARLY morning for me, and anyone who knows me knows that I’m not exactly “Suzy Sunshine” in the morning!  LOL.......I’m incredibly grateful and happy for an individual I met about two months ago.  Words cannot adequately describe the amazingly positive effect this person and new friend has made on my life.  It really has changed my life and me for the better.  But I’m sure that will be another post at a later date.  No doubt my grandma in heaven is smiling down on me!!!  


Well, time to say good night my cyber friends!!  Please don't forget, your comments are always welcome!!  Post away!! :-D


Wishing you peace, love, happiness, and blessings,




Kristyn

No comments:

Post a Comment