Monday, January 9, 2012

Chicken Soup For My Soul :-)

One thing I "rediscovered" about myself is how much I enjoy making soup on cold, winter days :-)  Here's today's creation, although I did start the chicken stock part last night in the crock pot.  Love waking up to the smell of food already cooking in the morning!!!  As I'm not in a very chatty kind of mood tonight (just one of those "off" days, if you know what I mean), I'll leave the rest of my post to the photos.

The veggies for the stock.





The chicken carcass after I picked it pretty much clean & ripped it apart :-)



Water and seasonings now added.



Chicken stock after it's been cooking for 11 or so hours.  Gorgeous!!!



Sauteeing up freshly diced veggies for the soup.



Adding in the chicken I picked off the carcass last night.



Everything combined and seasoned to start cooking all together and melding its flavors together.



Stock now added and coming to boil then back down to a simmer.
Ahhh!!!  A delicious, comforting, and healthy bowl of homemade chicken soup!!!!

Wishing you peace, love, and happiness,

Kristyn

No comments:

Post a Comment