Sunday, January 22, 2012

It's all about to end.....

Now, now, now..don't go getting your undies all in a wad here.  I'm not referring to ending this blog.  Are you serious...I've only just begun with this :-)  Granted, I've been MIA/pre-occupied the past few days/nights, so I haven't been able to blog.  But, I'm back tonight!!!  Hope you missed me lots and lots while I was gone ;-)

Look at all those colors in that salad!!!

Tomorrow is Day 21 of The 21-Day Sugar Detox program that I've been following since January 2nd.  To be perfectly honest, the first week was rough.  I had never craved chocolate and sugar so much in my life.  Now, I may see something that I would have been all over like white on rice before the detox, but now I look at it and think to myself how awful I felt while consuming those items in the past.  Granted, I'm sure I may accidentally slip up here and there or maybe even  intentionally eat something too sugary/glutenous/grainy (I'm definitely thinking birthday/party cupcakes for the sugar/gluten party), but I will just have to pay the consequences for my actions.  Believe me, that always has the potential to turn into one ugly sight - LOL!!! 
Kale chips - Crunchy, Salty, and HEALTHY!!!! 


I do have to pat myself on the back, here, though.  I'm EXTREMELY proud of myself for how well I've done.  I honestly had some serious doubts before I started.  However, I overcame those doubts, sucked it up, and took the chance.  It most certainly has paid dividends in regards to my health.  Although this was not a weight loss plan/journey, I was down 9 pounds this morning.  We'll see what the "official" number is tomorrow, though.  Which, in turn, means my clothes are fitting better and much more comfortably these days.  My Multiple Sclerosis is doing pretty well, too.  Heck, I was even jumping on a big, bouncy air mat for the first time in lord know how many years!!!  Granted, I'm still struggling with the MS fatigue issue that I've had for over 10 years, which is a pain-in-the-arse.  Also, there's still some mental "fogginess" going on, but that could also be related to the fatigue issue as well.  But, overall, I'm incredibly glad I did this.

Chicken and veggie soup made with homemade stock & side salad


After tomorrow, I'm "on my own," so to speak.  It's now up to me to decide what I still want to keep out of my daily diet or what I want to add back into it; and to what extent.  This will be a work in progress, no doubt.  The one biggie I want to accomplish, though, is to remain gluten free and preferably grain free.  To not have that constant bloated feeling is a joy.  Plus, to have my blood sugar levels working at a pretty even keel without the constant sugar/carb highs and lows is rather quite refreshing :-)

Farm-fresh eggs over hard cooked in coconut oil and organic, grass-fed butter with a side of grape tomatoes

So, I'm sure I'll blog about my food struggles along the way after tomorrow.  But, I can definitely check off one of the mini goals that I set out to do in the new year of 2012, which is to improve my overall health and well being.  This is just one step in a longer journey.  I have recently taken a few tiny steps on the next mini goal, but I'm still not quite comfortable blogging about it yet.  When I have more to share, don't you worry...I will - LOL!!!

Wishing you peace, love, and happiness,

Kristyn

1 comment:

  1. So since this is a few days old already that means you did it!! Congrats on making your 21 days, woohooooo!

    ReplyDelete