Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions are for the Weak

It’s that time of year again.  The beginning of a new year and so many people start asking “What are your  New Year’s resolutions?”  Well, I’m here to tell you that resolutions are for the weak.  Yes, I know that’s a pretty harsh thing to say, but it’s something I’ve come to realize.  If you think about it, what are the usual resolutions most people make:  I want to lose “x” amount of weight.  I’m going to go to the gym and work out “x” amount of days for “x” amount of time.  I want to find a new job/start a new career.  I want to make more money.  I want to go back to school to further my education.  So on and so forth.  But, most of the time, these are just thoughts or things you work on or think about for only a short amount of time at the beginning of each new year before giving up on them and they fade into the background.  I know for a fact that I can attest to the losing weight one.  Can’t even begin to tell you how many times I’ve made that New Year’s resolution in the past.  I do great in the beginning and then quickly fall right off the diet and exercise wagon within a couple months and go back to life as it was.  Usually gaining back more weight than I just lost.  It's the weak who fall off the resolution wagon.  If we really wanted to achieve the resolutions we set for ourselves, we'd make a plan/take them more seriously.  
I do some of my best thinking/"reflecting" while being by the water.
 With that said, this year, I’m not jumping on that resolution wagon.  This year, I’m making goals.  What’s the difference you ask?  Goals are attainable and you actually need to make a step-by-step plan to achieve them.  You break it down into tiny steps; and once each step is completed, you can check each mini accomplishment off the list until you reach the ultimate goal you set.  I’ve learned that anything worth having in life is worth working for.  That is what I plan on doing.  Working to reach my ultimate goals.  Some of them may be short term and others long term, but while on my “Rediscovering Kristyn” quest, I plan on working hard to achieve the goals I’ve set out for myself.
The U.S. flag always reminds me of determination.
 Look for my goals in a future post.  Still working those out right now, but I know I’ve definitely taken the first steps towards a few of those goals already!
Wishing you peace, love, and happiness,
Kristyn

No comments:

Post a Comment