Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Saying AMEN" Sunday!!! - E

Yep, it's that time of the week, everyone!!!  Time for my weekly appreciation/thankfulness blog post :-)

E  - I’m saying AMEN for EGGS!!!! Yes, the incredible, edible egg :-)  I don't give a rat's behind which came first in the huge battle of who came first - the chicken or the egg.  And, besides, who said it had to be a dang chicken in this debate anyway?  It could have been a duck, or a goose, or an ostrich, or one of many other egg-laying creatures.  All I know is that I'm very appreciative of this oval-shaped, chameleon-like, wonder food!!  

Sausage omelette, bacon, and red peppers.  All ingredients other than peppers are from area farms!!!


Funny thing is, I was never a huge fan of eating eggs until this past month when while doing my 21-Day Sugar Detox.  Before, I'd eat them on occasion, but not a big deal.  I could take them or leave them.  However, this month my eyes have been opened up more to them.  They are ever so versatile and accepting of a multitude of flavors and textures.  Bend them to your will and desires!!!  You can eat them plain, you can eat them savory, or you can even eat them sweet.  Oh my goodness, that so makes me want a dish of my mom's homemade rice pudding right now.  Super duper uber comfort food right there for me!!!  It also happens to be my grandma's favorite dessert, too :-)

4 eggs used as an ingredient in a Paleo-friendly banana nut bread - DELISH!!!

Yes, I'm aware of the whole health hoopla about how eggs are bad for you/your cholesterol, blah blah blah...but I don't believe that hype.  I  fully believe, based on my nutritional readings/research, that eating healthy foods/healthy fats containing cholesterol is not bad for your body at all.  It's other factors in your diet that are the evil enemy to cholesterol and poor health. 

Eggs over medium w/red and yellow tomatoes...This plate looks ever so cheery w/all that happy yellow :-)


As you can see from my photos, I use a lot of eggs and am damn proud of it - LOL!!!  Plus, now that I only buy fresh eggs from my local farmers markets, I'm supporting my local farms, businesses, and community as well.  Even better in my book if you ask me!!!

Denver egg muffins - Ham, peppers, and onions.  An easy, quick, and HEALTHY breakfast on the go!!!


So, for those of you reading this entry and actually know me personally/see me regularly, if I start sprouting feathers or start clucking every once in a while, don't be alarmed...you'll know why :-)  LOL!!!

This would probably be EJ's reaction if I were to transform into a chicken - LOL!!!!  Oh, btw, he hates eggs - UGH!!!


Wishing you peace, love, and happiness,

Kristyn

No comments:

Post a Comment