Thursday, January 12, 2012

From dreams to reality...

I'm always saying "I want to do this" or "I'd really love to go there some day" or "I should put that on my Bucket List."  Well, guess what, I've never actually written down an "official" Bucket List.  Have you?  Now is the time to start one if you haven't!!  I'm about to turn 42 in two months, and I need to get cracking on this list :-)  If I put them down on a list and am able to see them and re-read them as a reminder, maybe I can start figuring out how to make my wishes and dreams become reality.  Not sure I'd be able to do all of them due to financial constraints and maybe even constraints due to my disability, but I truly hope and believe that I'll get some of them taken care of.  So, in no particular order, here are ten of the crazy and not-so-crazy things I want to do in my lifetime:

1.  Ziplining!!!  Although I'm extremely afraid of heights, I want to know what it feels like to fly through the air :-)  For me, I think it's as close to feeling "free" as I can get on my own :-)


 2.  Tandem skydive - Now, this opportunity has presented itself to me a few times before by my former boss, Pia, who's been solo skydiving for years.  Heck, she even offered to pay for my jump and the video of it, which is a nice chunk of change.  A very generous offer indeed.  But, no, scaredy-cat me chickened out many times.  Not 100% sure of what's holding me back, but I need to overcome whatever it is.
3.  Visit the Netherlands - The Dutch are certainly not known for their food, way too blah and bland for me, so that's not the motivation behind this trip.  A lot of places I want to visit are because of its foods, but this isn't one of them.  The "coffee" shops and Red-Light District aren't the draw for me either.  This, Breskens in particular, is where my paternal grandfather was born and lived as a child before coming to the US with his family.  From my understanding, his family consisted of bakers.  No wonder where I get my love of baking from :-)  I honestly don't know what it is, but I feel such a longing and need to go there and see where he grew up.  Plus, as a bonus, I do love tulips so it'll have to be a spring time trip for sure :-)  I certainly want to visit the gardens of Keukenhof while I'm there, which is pictured above

4.  Vegas - 'Nuff said - LOL!!!  I do need to get over my fear of flying, though, before I can take any of these trips.  There's that damn fear holding me back again :-)

5.  Road trip across the United States - This would take a good amount of time to do, not to mention money and a travel companion; but I love road trips!!!  Although I've been up and down the eastern seaboard, the furthest west I've ever gone is Beavercreek, Ohio when my brother got married 20 or so years ago.  I want to explore this amazing country of ours!!!  So, so, soooo much to discover out there.

6.  Trip to the Napa Valley - Again, 'nuff said on that one.  I can certainly see myself relaxing with some amazing wine and enjoying the warmth of the California sun and a delicious meal; preferably with a sexy male companion, of course ;-)  Just no earthquakes, mud slides, or wild fires while I'm there, please!!!

7.  Take a vacation on my own - Not sure where, but I've never gone on a vacation all by myself.  I've traveled alone to a destination to then meet up with a friend, but I've never gone absolutely on my own to explore and do entirely what I want to do when I want to do it.  Maybe when my son is visiting his dad and having one of their week-long vacations, I should look into going somewhere.  It'd certainly help in getting my mind off of missing my little guy :-(

8.  Be taken on a super romantic date in a stretch limo.  Again, almost 42 years old and have never been in the back of a stretch limo before.  I feel like I'm missing out on something.  Oh, and I can't believe I'm about to divulge this little tidbit, but while on that amazing date where I'm getting spoiled as all heck by an awesome, generous, and loving man (not that I've got one of them in my life nowadays), I do want to  have sex in the back of that limo...Dessert, anyone?!?!  LOL!!!!!  Hey, it's called HONESTY, people!!!!

9.  In going with the limo theme, I'd also like to have a girls night out.  Rent a limo to drive us wherever and party like crazy in the back of that limo on the way to and from our destination(s)...All fun & no worries!!!!  Kind of like a bachelorette party, which I never got to have.  Oh, and like I said ladies - no worries...I don't expect to have sex in the back of the limo on that night - LOL!!!!!!!!

10.  OK, I'll end on this one - Own a pink convertible!!!  Yep, a definite Bucket List item for me :-)  Pink is one of my favorite colors, and I love riding in a convertible...Perfect combination for me!

Not sure if you've gained any insight into me, but it has helped ME to "rediscover" a small part of who I am that gets lost in the everyday here-and-now of being a single mom.  It goes back to that "label" issue I discussed in my first post on this blog.  These are the things I want for "me" because "I" want them, not because someone else wants me to do them or wants it for them.  They are significant to me for my own reasons, no one elses.  Does that make sense? 

So, what's on your Bucket List?!?!

Wishing you peace, love, and happiness,

Kristyn

No comments:

Post a Comment