Friday, January 13, 2012

Reflection and a flicker...

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!  Yeah, this will barely make it up in time for it to still be Friday, but it's been a busy day.  The little guy was with his dad the past two days, so I try and take advantage of the time when he's not under foot making a mess for every mess I clean up.  I'm sure there are many of you who can relate to that scenario.  LOL!!!  Hence, this will be a somewhat short post for me, with probably no photos...Boring, I know...Sorry!

Can't even begin to describe how much laundry I did and all the crap that got put away.  A productive day.  Plus, I just got the Osso Buco in the crock pot so it can cook low and slow overnight so EJ and I can have some AMAZING food for our Saturday :-)  I know you're jealous!!!



The reflection part of my day came with the fact that it was Friday the 13th and the 10 1/2 year mark from when I got my "official" diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis (MS).  Just spent part of my day thinking about all that's gone on in my life and what's happened in that time.  Both in life events and the actual physical and cognitive changes in me due to the MS.   There were definitely some strong emotions bubbling up inside me and spilling over in the form of tears.  All I'll say is I've certainly beaten the predictions some of my former neurologists have given me.  Back when I was around 35 my MS was in a bad way and the doctor I was seeing then predicted that there was a very strong possibility that I'd be in a wheelchair by the age of 40.  Well, I'll be 42 in March and I'm still walking along!!!  Granted with one of my many fashionable canes, but still hobbling along nicely :-)  Plus, despite the ups and downs, I try my best to keep an optimistic and positive attitude.  Really, what's the alternative?!?!!


I did some chatting online today with one of my Facebook friends and the conversation kind of sparked a part of the "old me" that had been missing for a long time.  It was nice to let my hair down and share that part of who I am.  At least I know that part of my personality is still in there - alive and well!!!

Alright, time to clean up the mess from preparing the osso buco, get changed, and go to bed.  Very long day but nice day today!

Wishing you peace, love, and happiness,

Kristyn

No comments:

Post a Comment